21 March 2013

A modern fairytale

The Shoe Pendant


Let me tell you a story. A story about how "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and how each and every little thing can become not only a piece of art, but a variety of pieces of art.

Now continuing...

I never agreed with my mother's taste in fashion (maybe only in her twenties, when she would create herself some lovely outfits), especially now that she no longer embraces her femininity and goes for elderly looks, and especially with the clothes she buys for me. However, as soon as she buys a new piece, I somehow manage to either borrow it from her or steal it (or how I call it :"borrowing without a deadline"). I am not quite sure why I do this, but it's somehow thrilling to see my fascination and need to mix and match these items even more than anything I buy for myself.

The same thing happened last week, when my mother arrived home with this dress and a cardigan: they were a set. The cardigan is cute, but the dress seemed too bland... I might even say monotone. But this was even more of a challenge: it wasn't your average basic piece, but it was a great piece all together. My mind was filled with ideas on how to mix and match it so I took the opportunity of creating the perfect outfit inspired by city streets.

So what does this outfit say? It says everything about layering, about being feminine with an edge and about proving the impossible: dresses go well with pants. For me, this was a great alternative for letting my feet freeze in the weird weather that's currently residing in Giurgiu.

Now, stay tuned for part 2 of my challenge of mixing and matching my mom's green basic dress.

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

>The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

The Shoe Pendant

5 comments:

  1. foarte frumos outfit-ul :* geaca imi place muult.

    http://valentinabucur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering in this look.

    just followed :)

    xox, cheri
    http://www.cheritrendystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the layering is gorgeous :)

    Thara from Moss & Stone
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I must have said on Chictopia that I like this look and the dress, but not when I found your blog I can see it more details and shots.

    Very pretty look and I think you've don a great job using its simplicity and turning it into a chic urban piece.

    Your collar/necklace is super quirky and pretty as well!

    Best,
    Lubka
    http://balgar-ka.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...