29 March 2013

Rocks in the city

 The Shoe Pendant


It's obviously Spring in the calendar but I guess train tickets were so expensive that it didn't quite reach Romania yet. Still, this didn't prevent me from walking the streets of one of my favorite cities in the world, Bucharest. See how I styled myself for a lovely day of walking around ( P.S. I brought some boots with me too) and enjoy some city-specific locations that, in an abstract way, fascinate me.


The Park


The first place I visited last Sunday was Izvor Park in Bucharest. I always like parks, especially when they are not that full of people who ride their bikes or play football on the grass. I only like the ones that bring their dogs to the park (I know this is odd for a person who's scared as hell by dogs, but still). One way or another, this weekend, the weather kept people far, far away the lovely spring green grass. It also kept my jacket on me. I did manage, however, to take some pics without the coat and let you see one of my newest acquisitions, this lovely top from, I believe, Zara. Although this might have seemed a very business-like outfit, I think the white silk that the blouse's made out of is so, let's say appropriate, for a walk in the park. I also adore how the gems on it make it so alive and so fancy at the same time. I think I just got a new winner piece in my wardrobe!

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant


The Metro

Besides the permanent temperature the metro/subway holds, thus letting me enjoy myself in a couple of coat-free pics, I find it fascinating how people blend in in these places. I'm not going to get all Philosophy Smarty Pants here, but have you noticed that even well dressed women or highly attractive men pass as statues in the trains? They don't smile, don't wink and aren't even graceful. It's a place where everything fades into the masses and where everything sort of loses any value it might have above others. I'm not sure why I love this so much, but it's a phenomena I love to delight myself into "studying" whenever I ride the metro, especially since I don't live in a town where I can enjoy them.
 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...