20 June 2013

A summer wedding

 The Shoe Pendant


Busy day ahead, but that doesn't mean we don't have to take advantage of what the present moment has to offer.

Probably that is what I would say if I were to talk at a conference like Digital Divas, which is actually (finally!!!) taking place tomorrow. I'll be heading to the Biavatti club at 8:30 (probably covered in concealer to avoid looking like a zombie) to register and get my caffeine dose until the first session (and the one I'm looking forward to the most) starts. Then I'm going to meet all of you there that I haven't met so far and have fun. I guess that sums it up. Also, here's some info on the "star" of the conference: Yvan Rodic.

Yvan Rodic also known as Face Hunter was Born in Vevey, a French-speaking part of Switzerland. Rodic (1977-) studied Communication at Polycom Lausanne before taking on copy writing stints for Leo Burnett and Saatchi & Saatchi in Geneva, Brussels and Paris. A born trend-spotter with a natural eye for photography, it was not long before he combined writing for magazines with snapping pictures of people at art events in his then home, Paris. In February 2006, almost casually, he began posting the results online: and just like that, Face Hunter was born. Widely considered one of the most influential movers and shakers in fashion, his original blog and more recent Visual Diary receive approximately 1 million hits per month. Over this short period, Yvan has been at the vanguard of one of the decade’s most remarkable trends. When he began in 2006, street style blogging was still in its infancy: in part it is thanks to his work that it has subsequently become a phenomenon. As one of those to experience first-hand the insatiable public appetite for a more democratic view on fashion, Yvan found himself caught up in a whirl within the first few months of his website’s inception. With the telling tag line: “Eye Candy for the Style Hungry” above portraits of individual characters with arresting styles, Face Hunter instantly developed a reputation for being one of the most satisfying style destinations online.


But going forward and talking about the post, the pictures were taken in the hotel in Pitesti were I stayed during a friend's wedding. My mom helped me make a dress, a pencil skirt with a silk blouse adorned with lace, but one way or another, I'll have to show it to you in a different setting, as I forgot to pack it for the wedding. Thankfully enough, I'm a mega-packer, so I had one-too-many dresses with me and it wasn't hard to come with a solution. So it happened, that this dress was a perfect fit for such a summery event. I mixed it with my (fabulous) red Stradivarius sandals and the outfit was a blast!

And here's yet another surprise you'll be seeing from now on on the blog: a column!
I'll be adding this little column called "Just a tip" from now and then to my blog posts, just to share bits of experience and help you make wiser and bolder choices for you wardrobe!

Just a tip


When going to a wedding-like event in the summer, make sure your outfit fits in with the dress code. Most events like this, such as a Christening, a wedding, an outdoor cocktail, require light dresses. Go for silk, in flowy and comfy cuts. They not only look good in this kind of evenings/afternoons, but they also prevent you from feeling weird in tight, fitted clothes in the dashing sun. You can go a little bit wild with your accesories, but summer outfits usually go better simpler. Don't forget to add a nice and highly comfortable sandal and you're set to be the queen of the night.

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

Just a tip



2 comments:

  1. beautiful dress <3 amazing outfit!
    check out my latest look :http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3167
    XOXO,
    Khloe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...