10 May 2013

Mission Statement

The Shoe Pendant


Apologies are to be avoided, right? Therefore let us start fresh!

However, I will try to motivate my prolongued absence through the fact that my life has suddenly become a life that is no longer mine. Silly as it might sound, it's frightening to see how all of my passions are now changing or, to say the least, transforming. On top of this, I have the pressure of final exams (which are only a month and a half away => double the scare). And the very reason for which I am sitting here today and typing away my thought and ideas of the moment (or actually the month), is that I have gotten the time to reflect upon the real reasons of why I even spend a second of my time thinking about this blog and the reasons I choose to continue. This is also the reason I'm not accompanying these gorgeous pictures with some fantastic words of wisdom or fabulousness. You will have to wait until future posts for that ( aka for me discussing 100 Years of Fashion ).

1. I started this blog out of a craving for success. I knew what I wanted and then I did what I wanted. It didn't turn out great though. I'm not a match for Chiara Ferragni or for the Fabulous Muses, that's for sure, but for me, personally, it's probably one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. No, I don't have a sad and weird life, but that's exactly it. I am always in search for something new and I get bored as fast as you can say "parrot" or "carrot". My blog has been around here for more than 2 years and that's probably the only thing I've done with such consistency.

2. But why didn't I start over fresh, with already gained knowledge and skills, so that I can become a match for the above mentioned? I have to confess, I have given that idea too much thought. Starting fresh, with a new name and valuable information and gadgets, it would seem easy-peasy. But I won't. Because every time I get this thought, I go to my blog and surf it, randomly, and I get to re-live so many of those fabulous moments I've shared with so many readers and it's always showing me from where I started and towards where I'm getting. It's been tracking my progress for the past 2 years and something and that is what makes it so special, both for me and for the loyal reader.

3. I am going to start fresh, but not in that way: I am adding rambling and removing planning. Hopefully, this will turn The Shoe Pendant back into something that represents me, and not the average fashion blogger (concept about which I will be talking shortly, in one of the next couple of posts).

Until my next entry, stay strong and believe in your accopmlishments, no matter how small they are to Madonna. They are probably the world to you!

> The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

> The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

 The Shoe Pendant

4 comments:

  1. Ce poze frumoase! Esti minunata! Imi place mult rochia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I'm a newbie to your blog, I'm looking forward to the changes you speak of! Obviously blogs change over time - as people do - so it's bound to happen eventually. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esti minunata, Alexandra!
    Bafta with the fresh start!

    xoxo,
    Ad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...